In any university students present their research works in front of their teachers all the time. It is a part of higher education. So, what exactly is University report?
University report is a type of independent scientific work where the author reveals the essence of the studied matter and provides various points of view including his own. Report isn’t a well-examined enough type of research work but it is common for universities and colleges. There are two kinds of report: a verbal report and a written one.
Three main author’s qualities are combined in a report such as being able to conduct research, knowing how to present it to listeners and answer the questions competently.
The distinctive feature of University report is its scientific academic style. Academic style is suitable for writing research works. This style defines the following norms:
- Sentences can be long and complicated
- Large amount of terms
- Lack of author’s point of view
- Stamps and general statements are frequently used
There are several stages in writing a report:
- Studying of reference material
- Systematization of material
- Working out a plan
- Public presentation
The general structure of a University report is:
- Research theme (not only has it to be interesting but it also should be ingenious)
- Relevance of the study (the importance of this research and why it is interesting)
- Objectives of the study (corresponds the report’s research theme)
- Hypothesis (possible results)
- The study’s methodology (detailed description of applied methods)
- The study’s results (short and precise summary of the conducted research)
- Conclusion (findings better to be numbered)
The presentation of University report is:
- Cover sheet
- Table of contents
- Main body
- Bibliographical list
If you want to be successful in presenting a paper, make sure you know all the terminology that had been used in your report. Be precise. Do no ramble on for too many pages. Let everyone know whether the goal of your research has been reached or not. If you failed, explain to everyone why it happened. If you follow all the mentioned above rules, your report will be highly appreciated.